Monday, April 23, 2012

Why you should not flirt on Facebook


Who would have thought befriending a single mother on Facebook would turn into a violent and painful experience?

But such was the case for 32-year-old financial analyst Arthur Samuel after befriending a 44-year-old woman on Facebook in December.

"We became friends almost immediately and soon enough, we were communicating with each other via telephone, SMS and email," Arthur said.

"I thought I had found the right woman for me and we were getting close even though we had never met face-to-face."

However, Arthur said in early January, the woman decided not to continue the relationship.

Left wondering, he continued to contact her until he received a warning from her via SMS.

"She said she would send thugs to beat me up if I did not stop harassing her. But I never harassed her."

On Feb 27, Arthur claimed he was assaulted by eight men at USJ Summit and sustained injuries on his lips, forehead, left leg and back.

"Without saying a word, the men just started throwing punches, kicking and hitting me with crash helmets.

"I don’t understand it because at the time, I had already stopped calling or communicating with the woman. This is totally absurd," said Arthur - Malay Mail